Sunday, January 18, 2009

Solid foods . . . . the bane of my existence.

So . . . everyone who knows my son knows that he is the cautious type. He doesn't do ANYTHING until he is sure that he can accomplish it perfectly. For example, he didn't walk, not at all, until Christmas day, at 15.5 months old, when he walked 25 steps from one room to the next. This, of course, occurred in front of all of my family members -- that ham :). He is taking eating solids to an extreme as well. For months he wouldn't put anything in his mouth that wasn't connected to my body. Now he will bite off pieces of food, chew, and then fish them out with his fingers. HE WILL NOT ACTUALLY EAT. He pretends. Who knows why. I secretly think it is to drive me crazy. According to my pediatrician, it takes about 900 calories to breastfeed a toddler who eats no solids. Nine hundred calories!! Nine. Hundred. Calories. So now you know why I'm eternally cranky. It isn't just the lack of sleep . . . . Curran does of course still nurse every two hours, around the clock, to get ample nutrition. It is also because I am perpetually hungry. So if you get sick of my whining or the fact that I can't remember if I've already told you a certain story, or if stand you up for a playdate, just cut me a little slack, okay? Bring me a latte, a snack, and a pillow and I'll be your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment