Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How did I get so lucky?

Not only am I crazy about my son, but I am totally enamored with my partner Devin. Yes, enamored. We have of course waded through our share of relationship muck over the past 12 years, but it just keeps getting better. At least once a day I wonder what awesome thing I must have done in a past life to deserve him . . . . . seriously. I must have been pretty amazing, actually. I must have saved a whole school of children from a fire, or thrown myself in front of a bullet.

How else could you explain why Devin will help me with Curran in the middle of the night? That he will stay up until 2am helping me clean the night before company arrives? That he will work from home once a week, scoop the litter boxes, take out the trash, say nice things to me regularly, change poopy diapers, pick up his dirty socks, encourage me to go out weekly with the girls, rub my back or feet every night, do the grocery shopping, load the dishwasher, take the kiddo so I can sleep in every single weekend AND randomly send me flowers? Oh, and did I mention that he busts his ass for a gigantic corporation every day so that I get to stay home with our son? I am in awe of my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment